D.E.S.I. Supported Living Skills (SLS) Program
Supported Living Services (SLS) are a broad range of person-centered supports to enable a person with intellectual disabilities to either choose to live in homes they themselves own or lease in the community.
This may include the following:
- Assistance choosing and moving into a new apartment or home
- Assistance selecting personal attendants, housemates and additional supports
- Furnishing a home
- Tending to daily living activities, and handling emergencies that may occur
- Integrating fully into community life
- Money management and financial management
Supported Living Services are meant to provide long-term supports, with the needs and desires of the client to be accommodated as they evolve. The goal of the program is to achieve maximum independence, both at home and in the community.
D.E.S.I. also offers an Independent Living Skills (ILS) program to provide support for individuals choosing to live independently. Contact us today [internal link to contact page] to learn more about these programs, or click here to learn more about other D.E.S.I. regional center services.