Sandy De Jesus has been a client of D.E.S.I. since March 2015 and since then has flourished and strives to meet her goals. She is now living semi-independently with her sister Zenia (whom is also a D.E.S.I client) and is a responsible contributor in her home. She has also been able to obtain a volunteer position at the East Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce. She is striving at her volunteer job and ultimately learning office skills that will help her meet her goal of one day obtaining a job. When Sandy first started with D.E.S.I she was shy and slow to meet new friends, since then she has attended many of D.E.S.I events that promote Social Skills, Community Involvement, and Self Advocacy. Sandy is now open to new friends and is even planning and hosting her own Girls Pool Day. We are very Proud of you Sandy!
- Enabled Through the Arts: Food, Music, Art & Comedy in Boyle Heights! 09/24/17
- Get Your Motors Runnin’ for the 10th Annual Los Angeles Ride for Autism! 08/05/17
- Join us at the 7th annual “Building a Foundation for the Future” Parent Conference in Bellflower!
- Merry Christmas from D.E.S.I.!
- Expanding Horizons & Classin’ It Up @ the Ultimate Women’s Expo!